Samstag, 31. März 2012

Colors of Spring Blog Hop by Sally Russick

Hi folks,
for the second time this year I am participating a wonderful Design Challenge with jewelry.
It is exciting to be part of an inspiring group of jewelry artists.

This time there were no partners to swap their stash but everybody could get a lovely set of ceramic beads from our host Sally Russick. (Why don't you have a look at her blog later...just push the button below.)
The participants received one focal bead (the lentil) with their favourite color. Along with the lentil went four matching smaller ceramic beads with a color of Sally's choice. So I didn't know which color I would get from her which made the whole thing even more exciting and challenging.




Here you can see my ceramic bead set:




I added some handmade lampwork beads (with the organic touch in pink and orange), some more ceramic beads and silk ribbons. These days I am in love with the Sari silk ribbons. So I chose this lovely soft silk ribbon which I think matches perfectly with the other colors.





In my last blog hop I sketched the design before making the necklace. This time I just grabbed the ingredients and got started.
In the end I made a necklace in which I braided the silk ribbons with a copper chain. The center piece was accentuated by a copper disk in floral design.
With the two remaining ceramic barrels I made a pair of earrings.
I hope that you like my design! 



























You can find the other participants on Sally's Blog "The Studio Sublime".

Have fun hopping!   ;0)))


By the way! I will be on holiday from today on. So I won't be able to blog hop right now. I'll be back mid-April and I will then join the other Blogs to see what fabulous pieces you all have made!!! That's for sure!

Kommentare:

la mar de bonita hat gesagt…

Also diese Sari-Seide muss ich mir jetzt auch einmal besorgen. Die gibt Deinem Stück einen wunderbar verspielten Touch! Eine sehr stimmige Komposition ist Dir da gelungen!
Schönen Urlaub wünsch ich Dir! Michi

Lesley hat gesagt…

Very pretty set - love the earthy colours with the pink.

Patti Van hat gesagt…

Beautiful job! Love how you accented the focal bead, as well! Your color palette is just gorgeous!

Alice hat gesagt…

A stunning necklace! The colors are just gorgeous. Enjoy your holiday!

Shyme hat gesagt…

Lovely pieces!

Courtney hat gesagt…

I love how soft and feminine this piece is. And the focal, perfect!

Christine Altmiller hat gesagt…

your piece is so beautiful and inviting! i want to say soft and feminine, the two things that instantly popped into my head, and i see Courtney already said that...i wholeheartedly agree with her! gorgeous!

Sally Russick hat gesagt…

Sabine, thank you so much for taking the time to participate in the blog hop!! I'm in love with the beautiful necklace you designed! The colors and all that texture are so wonderful and I love how you embellished the focal!! Beautiful work!!

CraftyHope hat gesagt…

Your design is so soft and lovely. The copper really goes much better with the driftwood than I had thought it would. Your whole piece(s) reminds me of a rose garden. Really wonderfully done.

Shannon Chomanczuk hat gesagt…

very pretty, I never thought of layering the lentil like that but it totally works and the color you had I wouldn't have known what to do with it but your piece is beautiful

Therese's Treasures hat gesagt…

Sabine, Your necklace and earrings are very pretty I like all the different elements you used to make your design come to life.
Therese

Donna Bradley hat gesagt…

What a lovely piece! I love your used of ribbons in your design. So feminine looking!

Erin Fickert-Rowland hat gesagt…

Your necklace is so soft and romantic and colorful! Beautiful work!

Cherrie Fick hat gesagt…

Very sexy design, love the color pallet, cute earrings too!!

JLYNNJEWELS hat gesagt…

Love the textures and blending of beads with the colors - so relaxing and beautiful!

kimmykats hat gesagt…

I really like the lentil with the filgree. The colors used are very beautiful. You left us with a great start to your vacation!!

Kristi Bowman hat gesagt…

Pretty pretty pretty, gray and pink is one of my favorite color combinations and you've done it proud. I love the fiber and the way you used the focal and the earrings are adorable!

Pixiloo hat gesagt…

I love the pairing of the lentil bead and the filigree. The other beads and the sari ribbon are just wonderful. You created such a beautiful necklace.

kristibasket hat gesagt…

Love all the fiber you have in this piece as well as pulling in the orange with the silk ribbon! Stunning!

Elisabeth hat gesagt…

Beautiful! You brought all of the colors and extras together into stunning harmony!

SueBeads hat gesagt…

Gorgeous Sabine! The colors are fantastic together!

Cilla hat gesagt…

I love the colour combos. The earrings are perfect. I would wear those now!

Maryanne hat gesagt…

I love your colors and your beads. Your necklace and earrings are fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...