Samstag, 27. April 2013

7th Bead Soup Blog Party - 3rd Reveal

Today is the day of the
3rd reveal for the great 
Bead Soup Blog Party no. 7
- hosted by our fabulous Lori Anderson from Pretty Things who invented this event for jewelry designers from all over the world. Lori has started the BSBP some years ago to give creative people the chance to try out new things in the jewelry world. For the Blog Hop each participant has to cope with a special Bead Soup which may be outside the comfort zone a jewelry designer is usually dealing with. 
In my case I was paired with the wonderful seed beader Christina Hickman - see Vintage Treasures Jewelry -  who had sent me an amazing stash of art deco brass components, matching flower beads and some more jewelry findings.
Using one focal and a special clasp was mandatory for all the jewelry designers in this challenge.







Those stunning art deco pieces I choose for a matching jewelry set.
Christina painted the focal and the brass elements herself. How lovely is that!!!



The focal



Little leave pendants, flower bead caps and the clasp



From the rest of the stash I took some of the flower and leave beads.






Then I sat down on my torch to make some coordinating lampwork beads. As the main colors on the brass components were pink and green I decided to try an art deco design in glass with these colors. Recently I saw some very lovely water lily leaves made of brass. And I found that I should try to make some lampwork leaves with water drops on them for the water lily pendant from Christina.











In order to keep the style of the art deco pieces I searched for some more matching flowers, leaves and of course more brass components. The wire work was made of brass and copper, because I think that the mixture of two different metal wires goes very well with the art deco design. In the end I blackened the wire work a little for a nice vintage look.

First of all I started to make a bracelet with that lovely focal.

I must say that I had so many ideas for the focal - but most of them I could'nt realize. The holes in the focal caused me some trouble, because they were too broad for some simple wire work. That was a tough job to do...I think I had three or four attempts until I had the sparking idea.

This is what I ended up with.











Then I took the brass bead caps and hammered them flat. I mixed them with a purple ceramic flower and included a brass bead with a butterfly design. A dragonfly would have been very nice, but I did'nt find one. ;0)
With these ingredients I made a matching necklace for my bracelet. Here I used the clasp which Christina had sent me.










Last but not least I made a pair of earrings with some more of my lampwork beads.











Here once more the three jewelry pieces all together. ;0)))

I am quite happy with the result. What do you think?
















Christina, thank you so much for sending me these lovely art deco components. I have always been a big fan of art deco design and I absolutely loved the challenge of making some art deco jewelry for myself.



Now, please, have a look at what Christina has made with the Soup I had sent her.




My soup



A little extra...




But wait, I still have something else for you! ;0)




I am so happy that you have stopped by on my blog. For all those of you who would like to leave a comment, I have a little giveaway for my Etsy shop. You will get a coupon with the amount of




I will draw the winner of the giveaway next Saturday. So please don't hesitate to stop by again. In case you have won, I will then send you the code for the Etsy coupon and you can shop a little in my online store. :0)))





On Lori's blog you will find all the other entries for the 3rd reveal. Please feel free to blog hop now a little while. ;0)))



And may be you feel like joining us next year for the
8th Bead Soup Blog Party!!!!!!!!!!!!






Kommentare:

la mar de bonita hat gesagt…

Musste noch schnell bei Dir vorbeisehen, bevor die Vorbereitungen für den Markt zu erledigen sind. Wow, Binchen! Der Teaser vor wenigen Tagen hat mich nicht erahnen lassen, was Du da Tolles gezaubert hast. Die selbstgedrehten Glasperlen sind ja der Hammer! Was für ein einzigartiges Farbenspiel, das Du da festgehalten hast. Und sie passen so gut in die Gesamtkomposition, ich bin von allen drei Stücken schwer begeistert! Bezaubernde Zusammenstellung, großartige Wickeltechniken mit Draht und atemberaubend schöne Glasperlen - das Süppchen ist mehr als gelungen!
Liebe Grüße, Michi

Doris Stumpf hat gesagt…

Wow! Das sind ja wirklich Prachtstücke, die du da gezaubert hast! Perfekt! Liebe Grüße Doris

roomforchange hat gesagt…

I think you made some fabulous pieces, lovely and dainty for the summer. Love,Love,Love!

Doris hat gesagt…

hey Sabine, das sind soooo tolle Schmuckstücke, bin begeistert!!!

Grüßle
Doris



Elizabeth Drake hat gesagt…

Vibrant, living, moving designs. All I can say is WOW. I love what you did with your stash of beads from the Swap. Your lampwork are awesome! I have found that I either love or hate artisan lampwork beads. Yours fall in the LOVE category.

Sandra hat gesagt…

Wooow, awesome soup and you totally rocked it. LOVE the pieces you created and ... are these a keeper, or are they up for sale somewhere? <<

vintagesusie hat gesagt…

OMGoodness Girl...you made some MAGIC with your soup...REALLY! I ADORE all the pieces you created, such an AWESOME soup! It makes me hungry for MORE!!! :)))

Bookbug hat gesagt…

The lampwork leaves with water drops are beyond amazing. I am stunned by their beauty.

ChristinaMarieH hat gesagt…

Sabine, your pieces are so beautiful! I love the lampwork beads you made to complement the lily pendant, everything is so pretty!

I had so much fun with the beads you sent to me! I was very very lucky to have you for a partner!

Shaiha hat gesagt…

What an incredible set! I love art deco and you have more then done that style proud.

Perlendschungel hat gesagt…

Hallo meine Lieben,
My dears,
ich freue mich riesig ueber eure Resonanz und die wohltuenden Worte!
I am so happy that you like what I made - thank you so much for your kind words!
Den Schmuck werde ich in Ehren tragen! :-)))
I am going to keep these pieces, because I am in love with art deco!
But if you are interested in my work, I may have similar pieces in my Etsy next weeks...
Love, Sabine

kathy stemke hat gesagt…

I LOVE your beautiful lampwork jewelry designs. They will be in my third reveal favs list later today!
kathy

moonsafari hat gesagt…

Your bead soup was fantastic and you rocked it! Oh that lush bracelet, I'm drooling over the photo! Amazing lampwork beads too!

gite hat gesagt…

wie ging das mit dem fleißigem Bienchen? ;-)
Ich kann nicht biegen. Ich verbieg mich und trotzdem kommt nix Gescheites dabei raus.
ganz großes Kino. Ich mag deine Perlen mit diesen Bubbel obendrauf und die Zusammenstellung verdammt gut leiden und würde mich von diesen ttT( total-tollen-Teilen)auch nicht trennen

Liebgruß Gite

hat gesagt…

I love all your pieces, great color palette.
thanks for the giveaway, I hope to be lucky

Marsela Schroth hat gesagt…

Ungewohnte Farben und trotzdem richtig klasse zusammengesetzt! Das Armband ist richtig cool geworden!
Liebe Grüße,
Marsela
www.marselita.de

PiPa hat gesagt…

I'm speachless, you really did justice to your awesome soup! Gorgeous, gorgeous,gorgeous!

bailaora hat gesagt…

what a GREAT froral-summer designs!!!super!

Karen Mitchell hat gesagt…

Love your soup and adore what you have made with it. I will certainly be checking out your Etsy store, you make beautiful beads!

Clayworks by Lisa Boucher hat gesagt…

Such an unusual and fabulous mix and these all turned out absolutely luscious! I know you'll enjoy wearing these. Fabulous!

steufel hat gesagt…

Ohh, wow! Die Sachen sind wirklich wunder-, wunderschön. Das Armband und die Kette - zum Niederknien. Würde ich sofort tragen, Sabine. Ganz, ganz, ganz toll!

Nelly May hat gesagt…

Flipping Nora your pieces are absolutely, jaw droppingly stunning! I so want the brcelet! Beautiful beautiful beatiful.

Othel hat gesagt…

You received a beautiful soup and did excellent cooking! With a style this plentiful, the result is in danger of lacking taste... But NOT in in your case. This is why I really admire and like your jewelry. You could make a Scandinavian minimalist to change her style.
Schön, sehr schön!

Perlendschungel hat gesagt…

Ihr Lieben - my dears,
nochmals vielen lieben Dank für all die netten und schmeichelnden Worte. Ich freue mich riesig über die tollen Reaktionen. Das bestärkt mich sehr, so weiter zu machen.
Again, I would like to thank you so, so much for all your wonderful comments. This was all so much fun making the jewelry and I am very proud of what you are all thinking about it. I don't really know what to say...I think I am on the right path...
Love, Sabine

Just Beads hat gesagt…

Wow, tolle Stücke hast Du gezaubert. Die sind so glamourös, und ich sehe jedes Mal was Neues, wenn ich hinschaue. Die Farben sind wunderbar und die Kombi mit Kupfer ist einfach super. Du siehst mich begeistert!

BTW: In der zweiten Armbandperle hat sich oben links ein Kiwi versteckt...

Cassi Renee hat gesagt…

I am lusting after that bracelet! It's so wonderful! And your photos were fabulous too --I love it when the photos really show off the jewelry.

Kepi hat gesagt…

Absolutely gorgeous pieces, I am in awe!

Nan Smith hat gesagt…

Beautiful creations! A real touch of spring. You had a lovely soup and you made lovely jewelry from it.Great job!

ACBeads hat gesagt…

Three gorgeous designs. I love them all. I've just read here in comments that you are going to keep the pieces to yourself - I do understand why. Excellent work.

Sandra Young hat gesagt…

Wowzers! That was like going to an art gallery! Very, very nice.

NataschaM hat gesagt…

Wunderschöner, phantasievoller Schmuck! Ich liebe Deine Glasperlen!

sam Waghorn hat gesagt…

Beautiful pieces, each one is totally stunning i love them.

Terri hat gesagt…

Gorgeous pieces! Lovin' the creativity! Really Soup-er!

Barb Fernald hat gesagt…

I love your soup and what you made with it. All of the pieces are so unique. I especially like the bracelet. Very nice work.

Schmuck der gut tut hat gesagt…

Hallo Sabine,
ich mag es ja nicht so gerne üppig aber diese Kombi!!!!
Was Du aus den Einzelteilen gezaubert hast, ist eine Wucht, ein Hingucker, einfach genial!
Bewundernde Grüße
Mea

LiliKrist hat gesagt…

So beautiful =)

Becky Pancake hat gesagt…

You bead soup designs are great. They are very unique and creative. Good job.

pinkchapeau hat gesagt…

Absolutely beautiful. The bracelet is just stunning!

Patricia Johnson hat gesagt…

Beautiful pieces...You did a fantastic job. I love the beads you made to go with your soup.

CraftyHope hat gesagt…

All three of your pieces are really fabulous, but that bracelet is TO DIE FOR! It is breathtaking! You really did an awesome, awesome job.

Christine hat gesagt…

You made a stunning set!! I love what you sent to your partner, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...