Mittwoch, 18. September 2013

Creating with Cabochons

Today is the day for the great reveal of Sally Russick's Challenge "Creating with Cabochons".






You might already have read about this Blog Hop. If not, here's a quick info about what a lot of jewelry artists from all around the world had to do:

Sally from time to time is hosting a challenge for people who love creating jewelry with different beads, fabrics and other stuff. This time the challenge was about using a cabochon for any kind of jewelry.
I decided to make a cabochon by myself. As a lampwork artist it was easy for me to choose what to bring into focus. I love making beads which match with my clothes. So I had a quick look into my wardrobe and found a skirt which I had'nt worn for a long time. I love all kinds of clothing with patterns as you can see on my pics here. This skirt shows the colors beige, grey, black, some greens and yellows.
So I started to make my cabochon with these colors. I wanted it to be big and succeeded right away. I tried to take up the flower design which you can see on the fabric.
From time to time I like wearing necklaces without too much extravagance which means a simple one.
So I took just some sari silk ribbons, a felt flower, a silvery flower and a little bead to bring to shape the ribbons.

Here is the result! Have fun with the pics! :0)))





















Being happy with my necklace I had to wear this outfit today at school although the weather is not really nice to me today - lots of rain. 






Now I you feel like, just grab a cup of whatever and Blog Hop through the other artist's blogs.
You can also first have a look at Sally's blog by just clicking the banner above.





Kommentare:

Doris Stumpf hat gesagt…

Sehr schön gelöst! Mir gefällts :-) Liebe Grüße Doris

la mar de bonita hat gesagt…

Schickes Outfit Frau Lehrerin :0) Sehr kreativer Lösungsansatz, das gefällt mir. Und die Farben .... Du kennst mich doch ;0)

lilisgems hat gesagt…

Lovely design. Will brighten up any rainy day!

Michelle hat gesagt…

Your outfit was so beautiful. I cannot imagine it without your lovely necklace!

SueBeads hat gesagt…

SO pretty, love your outfit you made a perfect piece to go with it!

Jo-Ann hat gesagt…

Finished piece looks wonderful with its inspiration!

Christina Miles hat gesagt…

I love that color combination, one of my favorites. I have a dress that is perfect for your necklace too.. Beautiful design!

freshbakeddesigns hat gesagt…

Love that you gave us a peek into your design inspiration for this challenge. And love, love your lamp work flower!! The colors are gorgeous. I'm sure you'll get lots of compliments on this necklace.

Lynda

Therese's Treasures hat gesagt…

Hi Sabine,
I love your cab creations it is beautiful and unique just like you!
Therese

Ginger Bishop hat gesagt…

I love this necklace and I'm sure it brought some sunshine to everyone who saw it that rainy day you wore it to school.

Becky Pancake hat gesagt…

Beautiful lampwork. The necklace looks good with your skirt.

Karin G hat gesagt…

Beautiful cabochon and the finished piece is really great!

Sally Russick hat gesagt…

Sabine, the cabochon you created and the way you set it in the flower, Beautiful!!! The necklace is GORGEOUS, your use of fabric and the happy bright colors would make this necklace a piece that I would wear everyday! Thank you so much for participating in the challenge!!

Renetha hat gesagt…

Beautiful design that goes great with your outfit.

Perlendschungel hat gesagt…

Thank you ALL so much for your lovely comments on my necklace. It was so much fun participating. Can't wait for the next challenge. ;0)
Love, Sabine

Kathy Lindemer hat gesagt…

Wonderful job on the cab!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...